Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

image


I’ve told you how yucky the water is here, right? I mean, it’s like gag-me yucky. So, a few years ago, we picked up one of those water filter pitcher things. Not that Darc would drink water, but I enjoy it sometimes, and we like to make flavored drinks for the kids. Now, I like to add ice from the ice maker to it when I’m “making water.” It helps keep ice from accumulating in the freezer and makes the filtered water nice and chilly.


And as I stood there for a moment, watching the water trickle down – because there is something almost hypnotic about that – I realized how glad I am that we have an ice maker in our freezer. I’ve lived in apartments for a good portion of my life, and having an ice maker in the freezer of a rented place is a 1st for me. Usually you just get the 2 plastic trays, if you’re lucky. Most often you have to buy your own. So not having to deal with those ice cube trays is something I’m grateful for. image


One day maybe I’ll get to have a refrigerator that has the water – ice dispenser thingy in the door. That would rock. In the meantime, I’m glad for what I have. It’s one of those things you never really think about, but you’d miss it if it was gone.


So, do you have something you’re grateful for this week?


All rights reserved by DarcsFalcon












Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Ice, Thankfulness "

No comments:

Post a Comment