Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

Well now. I’m really struggling with something to be thankful for this week. In The Hiding Place, Betsie and Corrie were grateful for the lice in the barracks of Ravensbrük because it kept the guards away so they could have prayer meetings without fear. I have yet to meet a louse – well maybe one or two of the human kind ;) – but I’ve never met the bug and if I did, I don’t think I’d have it in me to be grateful like they were. Can you imagine being thankful for lice in a concentration camp? Me either. Yet I want what they had, that spiritual strength that can sustain through any trial.


Perhaps that’s what I’m thankful for this week – that I grabbed that movie off the shelf at my library and watched not just the movie, but the documentaries that were also on the disk. They really touched my heart in a way that I need right now.


image Have you seen the movie? It came out in the mid 70s, and I saw it in the theater when I was a little girl, and I also read the book as a young woman. Re-visiting it has been a good thing for me, a good reminder about how God can work with things that seem useless to us. Corrie ten Boom was an amazing woman, and as she liked to say, “God has no problems with our lives, only plans.”


Wise words. :)


Is there someone who has touched your life like that? Encouraged you, uplifted you when you most needed it?


All rights reserved by DarcsFalcon







Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Movies, Thankfulness, The Hiding Place "

No comments:

Post a Comment