Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "
imageI had to laugh when I saw this picture. It almost feels a little like Christmas when the pizza guy brings the pizza to my door. It’s been a while, but pizza delivery is one of those things I’m grateful for.

When I was a little girl, one of the neighborhood girls who babysat me taught me about making crank phone calls. See, we had a nosy one on our street. A regular Mrs Kravitz who had to butt into everybody’s business. So one night while babysitting me, my sitter taught me how to order a pizza for the neighbors. Since my room had a bird’s eye view of Mrs Busybody’s house, we sat in the dark and peeked through the blinds until the pizza came, then giggled about it afterwards. I think she was a frequent victim of the pizza prank. This was long before the days of caller ID too, so the poor pizza places never knew they were also being pranked until it was too late.

I still feel guilty.

And I always think of that much loved babysitter and that poor neighbor lady whenever the pizza man comes to my door.

But I am oh-so-grateful that I can just pick up the phone and have food brought to me. Now THAT’S what I call hunting and gathering! ;)

So what’s your gratefulness this week? Do you have one?




Filed under: Memories, Thankfulness Tagged: Memories, Pizza, Thankfulness "

No comments:

Post a Comment