Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Columbus Day!

Happy Columbus Day!: "

I must say, I am grateful for Columbus on this day. He started something, intentional or otherwise, that resulted in our nation being what it is. How could I not be glad of that? A circuitous chain of events, but it ended up with the Pilgrims coming to this new land, and eventually we became a nation. So for what he started, I am glad that it ultimately resulted in our nation. :)


It was kind of an eventful weekend. :) I made it through the grocery store! A little slow, sure, but I made it. Actually, I think I overdid it, because I was kind of stiff and sore the next day, but my knee is almost completely healed. I’d say I’m probably at about 95%. Yay!


I did some crafty kinds of things with the kids.

















2010-10-10b.jpg See their little hand spiders?
2010-10-10c.jpgCan you tell what I used to make the pattern for the ghosts? LOL I got lots of giggles when I was tracing their feet. :)
2010-10-10d.jpg I made the big spider a couple of years ago, but the kids loved it so it became a keeper.





And check this out! After just a few weeks of school, the MiniNess left this message on the white board:









Some of those letters we haven’t gotten to yet, but she figured them out on her own. :) The pronunciation helps crack me up. In case you can’t tell what it says, it’s “Save the cat Dad, we are Puss in Boots.” I wish her penmanship was as nice in her books! She gets kind of sloppy there.2010-10-10a.jpg


So I got what feels like lots of things accomplished, and I even managed to toss out some old stuff I’ll never use as well.


How was your weekend?


All rights reserved by DarcsFalcon











Check out my husband’s latest book, available for download!
A Fine Cast of Characters on Amazon US (Kindle version)
A Fine Cast of Characters on Amazon UK (Kindle version)
A Fine Cast of Characters on Smashwords (non-Kindle versions)




Filed under: Family Life, Holiday Tagged: Columbus Day, Crafts, Family Life "

No comments:

Post a Comment