Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "
image

It took me a while but I figured out what I’m thankful for this week. Now, don’t laugh, but I’m thankful for keyboard shortcuts. Specifically, the keyboard shortcuts for the Google Reader and for Mozilla’s FireFox.

Why would I be thankful for something like that, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you! For some reason, the mouse seems to hang on this computer. In fact, pretty much everything hangs. When I click a link, it’ll take probably a full minute for it to open. If I click down on the scroll bar, nothing moves. If I try to click over to another tab, nothing moves. Everything just hangs … waiting … processing. Laptop by Flintstones, that’s why. This poor little thing with it’s impossibly slow processor just doesn’t want to move in real time with mouse clicks. So, I found the keyboard shortcuts and know what? It helps! Granted, it’s not like, fast, or anything, but it is faster than trying to cope with waiting for the mouse to get moving. Now I can just hit the “j” key to get to the next item in my Reader, and don’t have to wait several minutes for the stupid scroll bar to work.

Silly, yes I know, but it’s the simple pleasures in life, right? One of these days, you’ll all be so jealous of the computers I’m going to have. In the meantime, me and my “j” key and my “m” key are going to continue on in our new relationship. :)

Thankfulness? You know you have one! Care to share?

All rights reserved by DarcsFalcon

Check out my husband’s latest book, available for download!
A Fine Cast of Characters on Amazon US (Kindle version)
A Fine Cast of Characters on Amazon UK (Kindle version)
A Fine Cast of Characters on Smashwords (non-Kindle versions)



Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Computer, Keyboard, Shortcuts, Thankfulness "

No comments:

Post a Comment