Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday Walk

Wednesday Walk: "

imageI just love this picture. :)


We went on a little leaf walk yesterday, and managed to grab a few leaves from the trees in our complex here. Fortunately the trees around here still have some leaves on them. Our walk was postponed a few weeks because of my knee. We found some trees that were in the middle of changing, and some that had changed all the way. Hopefully, the craft idea I have will turn out nicely with all those colors. :)


I’ve been trying to think of what I’m going to replace the Tootsies and Thankfulness posts with when I retire them at the end of the year. I’ve gone a year+ with each and it’s time to move to something else, don’t you think? My problem is, I don’t know what to move on to. Is there some subject I could talk about that might interest you? Something I could broach once a week? If you have any ideas, please let me know!


My library has this great feature. I can place holds on books online at home, and then the busy bees there will collect them for me and set them aside for me to pick up at a later date. Your library probably has a similar service, but I have to say, I have really come to love it. It’s SO much easier browsing books online than trying to stand there reading book spines with my head at a 90° angle. DVDs and video games too! I put a hold on some 3 Stooges stuff for my kids. Yes, I know I don’t like the 3 Stooges, but my kids seem to really like slapstick, and honestly, I’ve never met a little boy who didn’t like them. I recognize that just because they’re not to my taste, it doesn’t mean they aren’t still comic geniuses. Plus, they’re classic. I’ll let you know my kids verdicts when the videos come in. I know you’re just dying to know. ;)


Oh, by the way, be sure to wish your local Navy personnel a Happy Birthday today! The Navy turns 235. Happy Birthday Navy, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your dedication to serving and protecting us. *salute*



image


All rights reserved by DarcsFalcon











Check out my husband’s latest book, available for download!
A Fine Cast of Characters on Amazon US (Kindle version)
A Fine Cast of Characters on Amazon UK (Kindle version)
A Fine Cast of Characters on Smashwords (non-Kindle versions)




Filed under: Family Life Tagged: Autumn, Family Life, Kids, Library, Walk "

No comments:

Post a Comment