Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Madness

Monday Madness: "

imageWords. They are very important here in the Darc House. We love words. We love to write words. Surely it’s clear by now that while I’m not a writer, I always wanted to be one. Talent, I lack. But I have gained insight into the craft of writing in these past few years, thanks to my husband, who does have talent. And skill. Skill is important in being a writer. There is definitely a method to the madness, and it’s not all just about talent. Lots of wannabes forget that, I think.


Anyway, the KnytLite has decided he wants to follow in Daddy’s footsteps and be a writer himself. Let me tell you, a couple of years ago he wanted to grow up to be Spiderman, so we’ve come a long way since then. :) It’s so cute too, because Darc has found this method for writing that has helped him immeasurably, and when he and the KnytLite watch movies together, they sit there and discuss plot points and inciting incidents and pinch points and set-up, all kinds of writerly stuff. And the boy even had Daddy make him a “map” of the method, so he could follow along and try to determine those story elements himself. So easy a child could do it. The method, I mean, not the writing. And now the MiniNess is making writerly noises too. :) I tell ya, teach a kid how to read and soon they’ll think they can write anything! LOL


Today is kind of a big day for us, as Darc has put his 2nd anthology up on Kindle and Smashwords. Here’s the Smashwords Link: A Moonlit Stroll – Smashwords. The Amazon one is coming, but that will take a day or 2 probably. They’re a tad slower to get things up. If you’re on FaceBook you can follow Darc’s author page and that will have updated information, that, and his fiction blog. Cool book cover, huh? I love it. :)
image


The Flintstones laptop here is on it’s last legs I fear. It keeps dying on me. When I say dying, I mean as in dead, it shuts down like someone cut the power off to the building. It gets too hot I think and just goes. No fun when you’re trying to get things done online! We’ve had it propped up for some time, but now even that doesn’t seem to be good enough. If any of you have the winning lottery numbers, I could sure use them! ;)


So that was my weekend, how was yours? Have you bought Darc’s book yet? Hurry!



All rights reserved by DarcsFalcon











Check out my husband’s latest book, available for download!
A Fine Cast of Characters on Amazon US (Kindle version)
A Fine Cast of Characters on Amazon UK (Kindle version)
A Fine Cast of Characters on Smashwords (non-Kindle versions)



Filed under: Family Life, My Beloved Tagged: Author, Books, Kindle, Publishing, Weekend, Writing "

No comments:

Post a Comment