Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday Mayhem

Monday Mayhem: "

imageMy son surprised me this weekend. While I was working on my own SSRLP, he was in the process of putting in a video game. “I love you, mom!” he said from across the room.


I love you too, baby!” I replied.


“No, I mean I really, really love you, mom. Can I tell you something?”



Why of course he could, this son of mine. He can tell me anything. So, he came over to the desk where I was working, to tell me that he thought our family was … “different.”


I was a little caught off guard by that remark, so I asked him what he meant. My son loves to talk, being my and Darc’s son afterall, and this is what he told me.


“When we go out somewhere, like grocery shopping, and I see other families, they don’t act like us. I watch them, mom. I see other little boys, and they’re loud, a lot louder than I am, I mean they yell, mom! In the store! Like, they don’t just talk, they yell. And their parents don’t tell them not to. And the parents are different too, than you and daddy.”



I asked him to explain.


“Well, I think you and daddy are more loving.


Like, with us (meaning him and his sister) and each other, both. I mean, sure, other parents can be sort of loving with their kids, but not like hugging and kissing like you guys do with us. And not really so much loving to each other either, like I see you and Daddy when you guys hug and stuff, you know? Other parents don’t do that with each other. So, our family’s different I think. And I just like it. I’m glad we’re family.”



There are moments in life. Honestly precious moments. And that was one of them for me. :) Thank goodness there’s tissue on the desk!


And how was your weekend?



All rights reserved by DarcsFalcon














Get your copy of my husband’s books!



Buy J Dane Tyler’s Fiction now!







Filed under: Family Life, Joy, Personal Tagged: Family, Motherhood, Son "

No comments:

Post a Comment