Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

image What’s with the skillet, you ask? Am I grateful to cook? Hardly! But what I am grateful for is Teflon. Or whatever you want to call the non-stick surface in a skillet or saucepan.


I’m not a great cook but I am good at a few things. I use my no-longer-quite-so-nonstick skillet for most things. Without it, probably most of the stuff I make would still be stuck to the pan. From scrambled eggs to fried chicken and lots of non-chickeny things too. Teflon has saved my dinner on more than one occasion.


I don’t know who invented it or when, but I do remember seeing commercials about it when I was a kid back in the 70s, and they acted like it was a big deal. I know my mother didn’t have any while I was growing up, and she desperately needed it. You’ve heard the phrase, “can’t boil water”? Yep, that was my mother. I swear, it’s amazing I can cook anything at all.


I’ve looked at fancy stainless cooking sets – I like to dream and they’re oh-so-pretty to look at. But I know in my heart of hearts that I’m a non-stick kind of girl and likely to stick to that. ;) So to the person out there who came up with the whole non-stick cooking surface thing, thank you! From the bottom of my heart, and stomach, thank you!





Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Teflon, Thankfulness "

No comments:

Post a Comment