Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday Tootsies

Tuesday Tootsies: "

Since this coming Sunday is the time change, I thought I’d look for some time oriented shoes. I had no idea it would be so hard!


First up, I found this purse with a clock on it. But it’s a purse, you know, and I’m looking for shoes.


image




Then I found this pair of men’s shoes, and while they had their own kind of flair about them, it was a painted on clock, and that’s not what I was looking for either.


image



I found lots and lots of little decorative items, little chotchky type shoes with clocks. All sorts of styles, like these far out platforms …


image



… To these classy evening wear types, and everything in between.


image




Ultimately I came back to these though, which I believe I blogged about a few months ago. Here’s what the website had to say about them:


Aphrodite Project Platforms – meant to keep sex workers safe with a built-in GPS locater, a button that dials 911, and an alarm system. Of course it’s not all practical–on the other side it also has a video screen that displays custom graphics–and even audio!



Now I ask you, don’t you think a shoe that has all that, and probably a timer that says, “Date’s over, big boy!” would also have some kind of clock on them? I mean, if you think about it, a clock is pretty much a necessity for a girl who makes her living by the hour. Or half-hour. Am I right?


image


Anyway, I feel like I came up short on the clock-shoes for Daylight Savings Time. There are all kinds of shoes out there – all sorts of technological advances in shoes. But I couldn’t find one with a lousy clock. *sigh* Oh well. Time change is Sunday, now you know. Spring ahead, Fall back. Happy Tuesday!


As always, click the pics for links. :)









Filed under: Shoes Tagged: Shoes "

No comments:

Post a Comment