Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

image What am I thankful for this week? Well, out of the blue it popped into my head to be thankful for Scotch tape. I have no idea why, since I haven’t used the stuff in a while, but never-the-less, there it is.


I remember when I was a kid, Scotch came out with “magic” tape, that became “invisible” when you used it. It had that glorious matte finish you could write on in pen or pencil, too. The stuff really was magical to me. I don’t understand why, but Scotch tape is one of those things that I feel I need to ration. Like, only use it if it’s absolutely necessary, that sort of thing. I know, silly, huh? Why I feel that way I have no idea. It’s not like it’s an expensive item to buy if I run out. And it’s not like it’s some kind of “status” thing – like, “only the cool kids use Scotch tape.” Everyone has Scotch tape in a desk drawer somewhere, or a craft box or kitchen junk drawer. It’s just one of those things that we have around the house, like tissue. (Sorry, Kleenex. Don’t want Mind of a Mom to bite my head off again! ;) LOL)


So I love Scotch tape and I try to always have some handy. And it has nothing to do with my love of office supplies. But it does have everything to do with my love of that wonderful, magical stuff called tape. :)


That’s what I’m thankful for this week. Maybe I’ll go find something that needs to be taped up.


What are you thankful for?




Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Tape, Thankfulness "

No comments:

Post a Comment