Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday Mayhem

Monday Mayhem: "
imageI dunno, I don’t think the acid green vortex is exclusive to Mondays, do you? Seems like I wake up in one pretty much every day, not just Monday. I practically live my life in the acid green vortex. Just sayin’. ;)

As for the weekend, we didn’t do much. I tried to see who won the race online but now I can’t recall the name of the horse Darc told me. Did any of you see it? Was it exciting? I heard the track was really sloppy after the rain.

Did you hear about the bomb threat in Times Square on Saturday? Yeah, that was probably my fault since that’s the day I posted my little bomb squad LOLCat. I’ll try to be more careful in the future. ;) Seriously though, thank God no one was hurt.

We watched some old movies – Jaws and Jurassic Park. You know, I think it was just last year or the year before, the 1st time I saw Jaws. I was a kid when it first came out and there was no way in hell anyone was going to get me into a theater to see a scary movie. I remember Johnny Carson made a joke about everyone being “Chicken of the Sea.” It’s ironic to me. I was the kid who was terrified of movies like that – Jaws, The Exorcist, The Omen, all those kinds of movies. Heck, the old Dark Shadows soap opera back in the 60’s scared tiny me. And my daughter loved Jaws. After the movie she was drawing pictures of a shark on her little drawing board thingy. She’s fearless, that one. That makes me both incredibly proud and alternately terrified at the same time. How did I get such a baby?

My boy has a fever. He’s not feeling good at all. I could tell when he wasn’t up and playing on the Wii first thing in the morning. Hopefully it’s just a little bug that will pass soon. A little bit of fever reducer seems to go a long way with him.

I feel change in the air, do you?

Other than that, I’m just waiting to get a connection so I can post this.

And how was your weekend? Happy May, by the way! :D








Filed under: Family Life Tagged: Family, Kids, Movies "

No comments:

Post a Comment