Monday, May 10, 2010

TACT – Lolcats ‘n’ Funny Pictures of Cats – I Can Has Cheezburger?

TACT – Lolcats ‘n’ Funny Pictures of Cats – I Can Has Cheezburger?: "

imageI think it’s time for a rant, don’t you? I haven’t had a good rant in a long while.


Over the weekend, we had to tend to the family larder so we headed off to do some gathering at the old grocery store. Is there some kind of law or something that declares that other shoppers must be jerks? If there is, I missed the memo.


Darc and I have our routine, because we like to get out of the store in as timely a fashion as possible. So, we both transfer items from the cart to the belt, and by the time the cashier is finished with the customer in front of us, I move to the baggage area and put the bags back into the cart while Darc finishes up the last few remaining cart items, and does the pay thing. So, he’s the one that tends to get harassed the most by this kind of person. It’s the one who has no concept of personal space, and/or hasn’t taught their kids the concept. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen him get rammed from behind (STOP those nasty thoughts you perverts!) by someone else’s cart, or child. To make matters worse, this weekend the lady behind him actually started re-arranging our items on the belt so she could put her stuff on in her own way. Rather than wait the 2 minutes it would have taken for our things to move down and make space, oh no, she had to shove our stuff aside.


Darc was fuming, but because I was putting the bags into the cart at the other end of the check-out, I didn’t see what was going on. He told me about it on the way to the car though, and I half wanted to march back into the store and start moving that lady’s stuff around. I started thinking about what I would have done had I been the one back there, putting the last few items on the belt. And I know exactly what I would have done. I’d have pushed her things back, smiled, and said, “Sorry, I still have some things to put on the belt, thanks.” And made her wait. Because passive-aggressive is more my style. Don’t get me wrong, I can be full-on aggressive when it’s necessary, but in that situation, that’s what I would have done. And I realized how often we have to deal with crap like that, just going to the doggone grocery store, and it feels like the people we come across are literally ramming themselves down our throats. I just want to get my milk and go home! Whatever happened to manners and courtesy?!


So lady, if you’re reading this, keep your damn hands to yourself and off my stuff! I have no idea where you’ve been, so don’t touch what’s not yours!


/rant


**********


We sat down to dinner and a movie on Mother’s Day – and I picked the movie this time and made everyone else suffer through my choice. MiniNess looked at the TV and said, “Mommy has the remote, right?” And Daddy replied, “Heh, it’s only Mother’s Day, baby girl, NOT the apocalypse. I have the remote.”


Now you know. ;)


So, how was your weekend, what did you do? :)






Filed under: Family Life, Funny, Rant Tagged: Family, Family Life, Rant, Weekend "

No comments:

Post a Comment