Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

image You know, watching that movie about time travel the other night made me think about things like living in another time. Or traveling to one. I suspect a great number of people would sign up for trips to the past if it were possible to do such a thing, to see the pyramids being built and things like that.


And while there are certainly things in my own life that I’d like to go back and change, I think I’m pretty content to simply read about great historical eras. Or watch movies about them.


I really like living now, in a lot of ways. Sure, there are societal and cultural things I wish were different, but overall, I really like our modern technology and conveniences. Can you imagine having to go out and kill your dinner for the night? Or chop down wood to keep yourself and your family warm? Sewing all your own clothes from cloth you’ve woven yourself from sheep you’ve sheared yourself? Drinking milk from cows or goats you’ve milked yourself? Making your own cheese?


Don’t get me wrong, I think all those things are pretty cool and I kind of wish I could do them. At the same time, I’m awfully dang thankful I can run to the store if I need or want something, or even through the drive-thru if I don’t feel like cooking. And then I can just hop in the car and don’t have to hitch up the horse and wagon.


Medicine has come a long way too. Sure, it’s not arrived yet – despite what many doctors would have you believe – but it is certainly much farther long than it was in the time of say … not washing their hands between the autopsy and the birthing chamber.


So I guess today I’m grateful for the now. There’s a reason God put me in this time and not in any other – He probably knew I wouldn’t survive! LOL So I’m here and I’m now, and that makes me very glad indeed. :)


What are you thankful for today?





Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Thankfulness, Time "

No comments:

Post a Comment