Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

image Some weeks I struggle to come up with something for Thursdays. I don’t always have a grateful spirit. In fact, I’m probably more of a complainer – which is why I do the thankfulness thing.


Count your blessings, things could be worse!” How often do we hear that and plain dismiss it? “You think you got problems? Here, let me list mine and you’ll see how much worse I have it than you!” As though having trouble in your life was some kind of contest. Sheesh! So I do try to be grateful and I’ve tried to start with the little things – the things we tend to overlook. Everyone’s grateful for their kids, friends, family, etc. But who thinks about toilet paper, or laundry detergent? Know what I mean? Yet, those things have added convenience to our lives in some manner.


And this week I had no trouble at all with what I’m thankful for.


Dental floss.


Yep. Dental floss. Probably some in nearly every medicine cabinet in America but no one thinks about it much, until you have to. And this week I had to. I have a spot in my teeth that seems to be the magnet for every popcorn husk, beef jerky bit, or corn silk string that I ever ate. It drives me crazy when that happens and I end up diving head first for the floss. It went through my head, “Ahhh, thank goodness for floss … hey, there’s my post!” See how my mind works?


I don’t know when it was invented, but I know they seem to refine it rather often. Now they have the stuff that gets through teeth that are really tight together. I know floss can be used for things other than teeth. For instance, it’s supposed to be a great thread for stuff too. So it has more than one use, and that’s a bonus.


And you’re welcome for the reminder to floss today, because I know you forgot last night before you went to bed. ;)





Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Thankfulness "

No comments:

Post a Comment