Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

imageWe had to go to the library the other day. There just wasn’t a connection here, plus we had to take some movies back. I figured I’d get a post prepped so I could upload it from the library. There are time limits, so you have to work fast. I knew I wouldn’t able to use my beloved Windows Live Writer from the library, so I copied my post into a Word document and then put it on my little flash drive, zip drive, thumb drive, whatever you want to call that little thing! I knew the library had Word 07 on their computers so it shouldn’t be a problem, right?


Wrong.


I could open their Word, I could open my document, but I could not copy my document and paste it into the WordPress post box.


So, I had to wait until we got some kind of connection at home later that night. Seems to be not too bad late at night for some reason we have yet to figure out. Most of the time. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to when we have a connection.


But I did find a Live Writer portable app for my thumb drive, which Darc is going to set up for me. I guess I’m not the geek I used to be. At least I’ll be able to take Live Writer with me when I go to the library, and really, what more could a blogger want?


And that’s my thankfulness for this week. I used to think the 3.5 floppy disks were cool – still kind of do as that’s what our camera uses. But those little thumb drive – wow! You can get so much stuff on those little things! A friend of mine even accidently ran hers through the washer and it didn’t skip a beat. What an amazing time we live in! To think – the Apollo missions used huge computers that had less computing power than our cell phones of today. Now we can store gigabytes on a tiny piece of equipment the size of your thumb. And you can find them in fun shapes, like these.


image


Thumb drive, get it? LOLOL Okay, sorry, yes I am easily amused. :D


image


I think it’s pretty wonderful and I’m thankful I live in a time where such things are common place, and that I have one. :)


What are you thankful for this week?





Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Thankfulness, Thumb Drive "

No comments:

Post a Comment