Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Mayhem

Monday Mayhem: "

imageI hate it when we can’t get online. Our connection was pretty much nil over most of the weekend. I suppose it was just as well because we had to go through the proofs for Darc’s book. That sounds so cool! The proofs for his book. Heheheh, I just had to say it again. :D Fortunately, there weren’t a lot of things to address, but we did have to go over the entire book with a fine tooth comb, and it was fun to see how it will look in print. I caught a few things the typesetter needed to correct, Darc caught a few things, and now it’s just a matter of getting the corrections back to the editor. This is the fun part. To me anyway. :)


~~~~~~~~~~


My daughter has fallen in love with this animated movie called The Ant Bully. It came out a few years ago but I never heard of it until I spied it at the library a couple of months ago. It had a big name cast – like Nicolas Cage, Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, and it was produced by Tom Hanks. It seems like whoever was handling advertising just dropped the ball I guess. Anyway, we got it for my bug loving baby and she fell in love. I found in on the $5 shelf at Walmart a few weeks ago so of course I grabbed it for her. She watches it almost every day it seems. Remember how people got at Rocky Horror shows? They’d dress up like their favorite characters and all recite the lines along with the movie? That’s how MiniNess is. She gets up and mimics the moves of all the characters – especially the ant queen, go figure – and recites all the lines verbatim. At this point, she’s more entertaining than the actual movie, and we’ve all started saying some of the lines. It’s a cute movie, and if you get a chance to see it, take advantage of it. You won’t be sorry. Think of all the fun you’ll have mocking Nicolas Cage afterwards! “If that’s … okay.” ;) Oh c’mon! Anyone who names their kid Kal-El is mockable!


~~~~~~~~~~


Other than that, we just watched the rain.


And how was your weekend?





Filed under: Family Life Tagged: Daughter, Family, Movie, Weekend "

No comments:

Post a Comment