Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

image Heh, it’s tax day today. There’s pause for thought, no? What’s the connection between gratitude and taxes? I’m sure if I thought about it long and hard enough I might be able to come up with something, but right now, I can’t and don’t want to. :) I am one of those who believes that the 16th Amendment is unconstitutional, so, that takes care of that. :)


I think today I am thankful for plastic garbage bags. (You know, those cloth ones are just too messy. ;) ) I look behind me and see 3 of them stuffed full of baby things and toddler clothes. My plan is to take them out to the dumpster so that someone else can have them. I’ve marked the bags with big signs so people will know what’s in them. Maybe someone will be able to use them. But without the bags, I’d have no way to transport them.


Or real garbage. I mean think about it – how yucky would that be? In the old days they used to just throw stuff in garbage cans or boxes. I used to have a compost pile a few years ago, and that was cool, but not everything can go in the compost bin. Plastic garbage bags are really the stuff of genius, I think. How much more convenient are our lives because of them? Not just for garbage or old baby clothes, but I’ve even seen people use them to move with too. Seriously! A friend of mine didn’t have enough boxes to move with, so she used garbage bags for the rest of her stuff. I think I actually did that a time or 2 myself before I came up with my patented handy dandy mega awesome packing system. :)


And the best part, they’re great for getting rid of bodies. You really don’t want those lying around. ;)


I hope you can find something to be thankful for today!


And thank you for indulging my silliness – I think I’m in a mood or something. :D






Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Thankfulness "

No comments:

Post a Comment