Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wednesday Wonderings

Wednesday Wonderings: "

Something kind of odd has been happening to me lately. See, for a long time, close to 25 years, I had a best friend. But, when Darc and I were going through a difficult period in our life, we found out who our friends really were. I thought this friend was one of those true blue ones, but at the end, she ended up blowing me off too. I was sad, but I was pregnant and had other things on my mind. I have not had contact with her since.


But last week, I got this email from her, only it wasn’t from her. I was going to delete it as spam, when I saw the name and on a whim, I opened it, because I didn’t think anyone else in the world would use that name and it was just a touch weird that a spammer would be using the same name. Then I noticed all the other email addresses that were listed in the “sent to” section, and noticed that they were the email addresses of all her family members. Only, the email I got wasn’t from the email address I last knew for her.


So, obviously she got some kind of bot or something that’s sending out emails from her account, but this is what’s really weird. This wasn’t an email she ever used to contact me with, and yet after 5 years she still had my email in her address book, on this ‘unknown to me’ account.


She’s been on my mind lately for some reason, which made getting this weird emails from her even weirder. I’ve wondered if I should try to get in touch with her or not. I mean, 25 years! We went through so much together. But really, going through things isn’t the glue that necessarily holds a relationship together, either. So, I don’t know. I’m still on the fence about this one. Should I contact her? Should I let it go? Choices, choices. Just one of those little odd things that happens to me from time to time. I have no idea what I’d even say to her.



PS – To you know who you are:


I got your message and followed your instruction. You are in my prayers, deeply. Please contact me once you are in a position to do so! I will know it’s you. Peace, my friend. *hugs*


May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.




Filed under: Friends, Thinking out loud "

No comments:

Post a Comment