Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

imageWhat does this picture have to do with thankfulness, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you!


Tin foil!


That’s right, tin foil.


Every week I try to find something to be grateful for. Something ordinary around the house that typically escapes notice because it’s become so mundane. Kitteh here reminded me that tin foil – or aluminum foil, whatever, tin is easier to type – is just such an item.


When I was a little girl, I loved foil. I used to make “mod” clothes for my Barbie dolls. Of course, they couldn’t move around much but they looked cool. My friend down the street was impressed by my creativity. :D


When I became a homemaker, foil took on whole new qualities. Useful for cooking, keeping splatters down in the oven, keeping the oven floor clean, cooking things on a grill, and even helping with minimizing dishwashing by lining pans.


I don’t know when foil was invented, but it sure didn’t take long for it to become one of those kitchen necessities. I know I use it probably every week for one thing or another. It’s one of those things I reach for often, and no kitchen is really complete without it.


It’s also great for hats. ;)





Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Foil, Thankfulness "

No comments:

Post a Comment