Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

The center button column is going on the fritz on my little microwave. It’s not even 5 years old and it looks like we can’t use the “2” anymore. (The 5, 8, & 0 are going too.) So if I want to heat something up for 20 seconds, I’ll use 19 instead, or 31 and take it out “early.” I have kids – you don’t heat things up like hot dogs for very long when you have little ones.


And I remembered when I was a kid, no one had microwaves. It’s not that I’m all that old – because I’m not, and you shut up WIGSF! It’s that there have been so many changes in technology so quickly over my lifetime. When I was my son’s age, we were still using rotary phones and watching TVs with rabbit ears. There wasn’t any cable, heck, even remotes were a novelty. Microwaves didn’t start to become standard kitchen fare until around the time I was in jr high or high school.


Standard. Heh. I would really be at a loss without a microwave and I realize what a luxury it is. All I seem to use it for is to heat up coffee and popcorn, hot dogs and soup. (Actually, the MiniNess can make her popcorn all by her 4 y/o self now. :) ) Things that used to be done in a pot. Plain old ordinary pot. For my coffee when I was a teen, I had this little coil thing you plugged in then stuck it in your coffee and a minute later it was back to hot. Maybe $3 at the grocery store. And now I require a $100 appliance that takes up valuable counter space? I truly am spoiled.


So I can live without the “2” working on my microwave. And I can be thankful I have a microwave at all. It’s one of those things that I could probably live without if I had to, but I don’t have to. What’s not to be grateful about?


Who’s bringing the doughnuts to go with all this coffee? Anyone? ;)






Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Microwave, Thankfulness "

No comments:

Post a Comment