Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

image I asked my kids what they thought might be something around the house that we use pretty much every day, but don’t really think about, that we could be thankful for. “Chairs!” quipped my son.


Chairs are a good thing, don’t you think? I know from experience that trying to get down on the floor at my age pretty much sucks. I like my creature comforts and a hard floor just isn’t one of them.


The kids sit on the floor when they play their video games. I remember those days from when I was a kid too, stretching out with chin on palm, elbows on the floor, craning my neck to watch The Addams Family and whatever else came on the “kids channel,” after school. I didn’t like it then either, now that I think about it. It was just what we did.


Chairs seem like a “civilized” sort of thing, far removed from the days when people hung out in tents and sat on rugs and pillows on the ground. Chairs can be so comfy. All nice and cushiony. Ahhh. :)


If I had to pick a favorite, I’d probably pick some style of La-Z-Boy. That seems like the perfect chair. Oh how I wish I had one!


Of course, it’s a bit hard to pull up to the table. ;)


What are you thankful for this week?


All rights reserved by DarcsFalcon















Get your copy of my husband’s books!



Buy J Dane Tyler’s Fiction now!



"

No comments:

Post a Comment