Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

image I was sitting here procrastinating on ironing a shirt for Darc to wear on his 1st day on the new job, wondering what I could post about for today, when it finally dawned on me.


My iron.


Remember the pictures from way back in olden days when the iron was really just a shape made out of real honest to goodness iron that was heated on a stove? Heck, even the iron I learned how to iron on when I was a kid was pretty old and heavy, compared to today’s models. My mother’s had a cloth-wrapped cord and was huge, and surely came from 1950-something. However did I manage to push that thing around a pair of pants when I was 10?


I suppose lots of people don’t iron anymore. I used to have a neighbor years ago who didn’t even own one. She thought I was nuts to iron.


But my husband can’t wear “wash and wear” to work, and while taking them to the cleaners is an option, it’s also a pain because you have to pay for that, and make sure you get there in time to drop off, and Lord help you if you forget to pick up your shirts the next day. So it’s rather a point of pride to me to wash and iron my husband’s shirts, and that no one can tell we don’t take them to the cleaners.


And irons today are pretty cool, with lots of nifty buttons that do all kinds of neat things. Really, it’s a woman’s power tool. :)


So what’s your thankfulness this week?


All rights reserved by DarcsFalcon















Get your copy of my husband’s books!



Buy J Dane Tyler’s Fiction now!





Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Iron, Ironing, Thankfulness "

No comments:

Post a Comment