Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wednesday Wombat

Wednesday Wombat: "

So, the other day we had some errands to run, library, stuff like that. As I was opening the car door for my son, I happened to look down … and saw that he wasn’t wearing any shoes.


“What the … where are your shoes?! It’s 20° out here and you don’t have any shoes on!”


“Uhm … I forgot, I guess.”


“You forgot? You forgot your shoes? How in the world does one forget shoes, especially when one is walking on frozen snowy concrete in 20° weather?!”


At which point his father dragged him back into the house for his shoes. I swear. *eyeroll*


*****


Now that my friend has brought over all her unwanted sewing stuff, it’s brought home to me how desperately I need to do some organizing around here. Did I say 7 bins of fabric? Not little bins either, but the big ones you use to store holiday stuff. The B-I-G bins. 7 of them. Full of fabric. 7 giants bins. The stack is about 6’ high, I’m not kidding. She’s a quilter and has always maintained that if I just tried it, I’d love it. See, I’ve always enjoyed making baby quilts by hand, but just a simple 2 piece kind of affair. My friend makes the kinds of quilts that people will pay several hundred dollars for, really complex kinds of designs with tons of tiny pieces. I just don’t have the patience (nor the space!) for all those little pieces. I think I might be able to make some simple designs though.


But I digress. I have all these bins of fabric now, and while my apartment is a decent one, it’s not big enough to just leave 7 giants bins sitting around, and the bins won’t fit in my little storage closet. I’m going to have to break down and get several smaller bins so I can store them, there’s just no other way. I figure if I’m going to do that, I might as well go the whole route and do the whole place. It’s time. I guess that’s sort of like a New Year’s Resolution, right?


*****


Funny Pictures-MORTAL WOMBAT



*****



All rights reserved by DarcsFalcon














Get your copy of my husband’s books!



Buy J Dane Tyler’s Fiction now!





Filed under: Family Life, Friends, Personal, Thinking out loud Tagged: Family Life, Friends, Parenting, Sewing, Sons "

No comments:

Post a Comment