Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

funny pictures - Dek teh halz wif bosof hollee,  Falalalala, la la, la, LA!!!


In a totally selfish vein, today I am thankful for being able to get my kids Christmas presents.


This may not sound like that big a deal to you, but for me, it is. You see, this is the 1st time in 4 years that we’ve been able to get our kids a decent Christmas. The last few years have been rough ones for us, and we don’t talk much about that because we don’t want to come across as whiners or complainers. That was our lot and we tried to cowboy up and do the best we could with what we had, even with silly sock-ants.


image


And by the Grace of God and the skin of our teeth, this year might have been yet another one where my kids didn’t have much, if anything, under the tree. I know Christmas isn’t all about the gifts. Boy howdy, I know that, as do my kids. At the same time, when you’re 8, or 4, or 6 – a Christmas tree without presents is indeed a hard thing to handle. It’s also a hard thing for parents to handle too, knowing their kids aren’t going to get the toys and things they want.


So, this year, I am thankful that I’m able to get my kids presents. Yes, there are lots of kids out there who won’t have much under the tree this year – for all you know, they might be your neighbors and just too proud to reveal their circumstances. Thank goodness there are things like churches, charities, and Toys for Tots.


I am also, most especially, thankful for the true gift of Christmas. For unto us is born this day, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. The real reason for the season, no matter what you want to call it. :)



All rights reserved by DarcsFalcon















Get your copy of my husband’s books!



Buy J Dane Tyler’s Fiction now!








Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Christmas, Thankfulness "

No comments:

Post a Comment