Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments: "

I have some funnies for you this week. Woo!


New greeter at Walmart


Charley, a new ‘retiree greeter’ at Walmart, just couldn’t seem to get to work on time. Every day he was 5, 10, sometimes 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, really tidy, clean shaven, sharp minded and a real credit to the company and obviously demonstrating their "Older Person Friendly" policies.


One day the boss was in a real quandary about how to deal with it. Finally, he called him into the office for a talk.
"Charley, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic. You do a bang-up job, but your being late so often is quite bothersome."
"Yes, I know boss, and I am working on it."


"Well good. You are a team player. That’s what I like to hear. It’s odd though, your coming in late. I know you’re retired from the Armed Forces. What did they say if you came in late there?"


"They said, ‘Good morning, General. Will you have tea or coffee this morning, Sir?’"


~~~~~~~~~~


I spent so much time trying to get online Wed, that I didn’t get a chance to catch up with anyone at all. The connection kept flickering in and out until I was practically screaming in frustration. So my apologies for not commenting on anyone’s site. Believe me, it wasn’t for lack of trying! Other than that, we are doing okay, hanging in there, all of that sort of thing. No real exciting things happen for us, not really. Which is why I enjoy catching up with all of you, so I can live vicariously through you. ;)


This weekend we’re looking forward to the Superbowl – the last football of the season until August. It’s always such a long 6 months. Which reminds me, I need to get get my pick up. Just one. That feels so weird. A single solitary pick. I hope it doesn’t get lonely, over there all by itself. Any Superbowl parties you guys have planned?


Have a great weekend!



Filed under: Funny, Thinking out loud Tagged: Funny, Thinking
"

No comments:

Post a Comment