Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments: "

And boy oh boy do I feel fragmented. I learned of the death of Captain Phil Harris on Wed. afternoon and just can’t get my head around the fact that he’s gone. Captain Phil was a lively old salt … only he really wasn’t that old, just 53, younger than my own brother would be. Captain Phil called it like he saw it and didn’t mince words. He was – as Darc likes to say – refreshing for his bluntness and honesty in this PC age. I thought of him as one of those kinds of men who could be either a man’s man, or a ladies man, depending on who he was with.


Captain Phil was one of the best of the Bering Sea Cowboys, and I am going to miss him terribly. Go with God, Captain!



image


Messages can be left here for the family and friends of Captain Phil Harris



Fisherman’s Prayer


God grant that I may live to fish,
until my dying day,
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly pray,
When in the Lord’s safe landing net,
I’m peacefully asleep,
That in his mercy I be judged,
As big enough to keep.


Author Unknown


Cornelia Marie’s website



image



~~~~~~~~~~


My boy is sick. Not bad, just seems to be a bit of a sore throat, but still. He hasn’t been sick in 3 years, neither have my daughter or I. Darc’s had a cold or 2, but for the most part we’ve been blessedly healthy. So it hurts to see my son not feeling well. Hopefully by the time this posts he’ll be all well and back to his usual smart-alecky self.


image


~~~~~~~~~~


So funnies are practically mandatory today. Death requires its due diligence of grief, sorrow, and sadness, but it also requires laughter after the fact to temper it. It’s always hard to see that in the moment. I got this one in an email from Elizabeth, so thank you sweetie for sharing. :)



The guys were all at a deer camp and no one wanted to room with Bob, because he snored so badly. They decided it wasn’t fair to make one of them stay with him the whole time, so they voted to take turns.


The first guy slept with Bob and comes to breakfast the next morning with his hair a mess and his eyes all bloodshot. They said, "Man, what happened to you? "He said, "Bob snored so loudly, I just sat up and watched him all night."


The next night it was a different guy’s turn. In the morning, same thing–hair all standing up, eyes all bloodshot. They said, "Man, what happened to you? You look awful!" He said, ‘Man, that Bob shakes the roof with his snoring. I watched him all night."


The third night was Fred’s turn. Fred was a tanned, older cowboy; a man’s man. The next morning he came to breakfast bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. "Good morning!" he said. They couldn’t believe it.


They said, "Man, what happened?" He said, "Well, we got ready for bed. I went and tucked Bob into bed, patted him on the butt, and kissed him good night… Bob sat up and watched me all night."


~~~~~~~~~~

It’s Friday, it’s been a rough week – laughter is good, so indulge.  :) 




Filed under: Celebrity, In The News, Sadness Tagged: Captain Phil Harris, Cornelia Marie, Deadliest Catch, Death, Funnies, Grief, Loss, Sadness, Sick, Son, Sorrow "

No comments:

Post a Comment