Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

image I’m not exactly sure what to be thankful for this week. Doubtless there are numerous things – things like life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness – but I’m talking mundane things that we tend to forget. Things that get lost in the day-to-day shuffle of life and the pursuit of that happiness.


I have it! After wandering around the place for an hour, I have it! Light bulbs! Specifically, incandescent light bulbs. I hate those icky mercury ones, and the fluorescent ones. Give me good old incandescent every time and I’ll be happy. There is nothing like the freedom to be able to turn on a light bulb when it gets dark out. (We’ll just leave electricity out of this for the moment!) We don’t have to light lamps, ignite oils or candles, we just flip a switch. How cool is that? And suddenly we’re bathed in light. And we can choose how bright that light is – whether we use 25 watt bulbs or 150 watts, we choose. Incandescents are so much better than the “green” kind. The light they put out is better, brighter, clearer, and doesn’t require wearing a hazmat suit to clean up if it breaks, or leaving your home for a few days altogether. Plus, it’s cheaper both in the initial outlay and over the long haul. I don’t care what those environmentalists say, those fluorescent bulbs do NOT last as long as they claim. I’ve had to change them just as often as incandescents, and at $10 a bulb, that’s ridiculous.


So there’s my gratitude this week – the “old fashioned” light bulb. :)




Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Thankfulness "

No comments:

Post a Comment