Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

image Some weeks it gets a little difficult, trying to find things to be grateful for. Little things, I mean. I am always grateful for the big things, like life, My Lord, my husband, and children. These posts are intended to find the little things in life to be thankful for, the things we tend to overlook because they’re so mundane and ordinary. And I was really struggling this week until my nose started to run. Do you know how awesome tissue is?


I remember old movies, when the heroine would start to cry, and the hero would hand her a hanky and she would delicately dab under her eye. I remember my father carried a handkerchief in his pocket, along with a wallet and a pocket knife. That’s what men did. Ladies carried a hanky in their purse or sweater pocket.


And how gross is that, really? Sure, I’d love to walk around with used snot rags on my person! EWWWW!!


Disposable tissue is a wonderful invention – throw those germy things away when you’re done! I try to keep tissue boxes all around the house, and not just in the bathroom. When you sneeze, you sneeze where you are – who runs to the bathroom to sneeze? So you’ll find them on the desk, by the couch, the nightstands, and anywhere else we might congregate. You can’t hold a sneeze or a runny nose – especially kids! And I like to be prepared. Yep, should have been a Boy Scout. As it was, I was a Brownie, but that’s for another post.


Now-a-days, some tissue has lotion in it. It really is amazingly gentle on sore noses if you haven’t tried them yet. No, you can’t use them to wipe you eyeglasses, but for your nose, they’re heavenly.


Sometimes I wonder, how did mankind survive without disposable tissue until the early 20th century? No wonder we were so sick all the time! We probably didn’t survive as well as we could have, that’s for sure. How many people have avoided sickness in the last 100 years, thanks to the handy dandy tissue? The world will never know.


But I, for one, am sure glad we have them!


If you want to know more, check this out →History of Kleenex Tissue




Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Thankfulness, Tissue "

No comments:

Post a Comment