Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday Whits

Wednesday Whits: "

Know what I did? I managed to get my weekends blogged up for like the next 8 months. I went through my drafts folder on Live Writer and have been systematically clearing things out by getting them posted. You have no idea how long it’s taken me to do that, but I got it done! Woo! The rest of the stuff in my drafts folder are ideas for posts mainly for my faith and political blogs and those will just have to wait until I get my thinking cap on.


I found some fun stuff for you to check out. I’ve been sitting on this first link for a couple of months now. I love this picture. I think this has to be one of the coolest sea creatures ever. Isn’t it pretty?


Comb Jelly, Mnemiopsis sp


(Comb Jelly, Mnemiopsis sp)


Here’s the link to a slide show with other cool sea stuff. Odd Sea Life from British Antarctic Survey


~~~~~~~~~~


Then when I was trying to catch up on the news I came across this article about giant crystals. I used to put little crystals in my windows because I love the rainbow-y effect when the sun hits them, but man these babies are ginormous!


image


Here’s the article with more pictures and a video: The Mega Crystals of Naica Mine


~~~~~~~~~~


Then I ran across this one about King Tut. I’ve always kind of had a thing for ancient Egyptian stuff and let’s face it, Tut’s stuff rocks. And there were so many mysteries about his life and death. Well, I guess some of those mysteries are getting solved, because now it’s believed he died of malaria and a broken leg. Man, sucked to be him, didn’t it? Here’s a link to that article: A frail King Tut died from malaria, broken leg


image


~~~~~~~~~~


Other than that, we’re just trying to maintain the status quo here. Praying, faithing, hoping, and all that. :) As with all things, this too shall pass and things have to bust loose soon, right? I believe!




Filed under: Family Life, FYI, In The News "

No comments:

Post a Comment