Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "
image

Not so long go, I was in the unenviable position of having to start over in my kitchen. No dishes, pots, pans, silverware, cookbooks – you name it, I didn’t have it. I suppose, if I had tons of cash with which to start over, the process would be more fun. ;) As it was, the budget was very limited, and one thing I for sure needed, was a knife.

Have I mentioned I’m an infomercial junkie? Or, was anyway, when I had TV. I love me some infomercials, especially the ones with kitchen gadgets. I saw Ron Popeil hawking his knife set for an unbelievably low price, and there I sat with a knife-less kitchen. A match made in heaven. :D The way I saw it, being the penny-pincher that I am, I could either get a whole set of knives for his price, or I could get about half a knife at a knife place for the same money. Needless to say, Ron won.

And you know what? While professionals may turn their noses up at Ronco knives, I have been really pleased with them. I have a knife for everything. The #1 knife in the set still cuts tomato slices I can see through and has never had to be sharpened. The straight blades, yes, they do need to be sharpened on occasion, but Ron was kind enough to include a knife sharpener for my convenience.

If I owned a restaurant or was a professional chef, I might be willing to invest hundreds of dollars in knives like Henckels or something. As a regular, ordinary wife and mother putzing around in my own kitchen, Ronco knives worked out perfectly for me. And every time I reach for one, I’m thankful I had the chance to grab a set. :) Especially that cheese knife! I use that one for almost everything. :D

All rights reserved by DarcsFalcon









Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Knives, Ronco, Thankfulness "

No comments:

Post a Comment