Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesday Whittles

Wednesday Whittles: "

I had an interesting dream where Brad Thor was hosting his own talk show. Yes, that is sometimes the kind of thing I dream about. :) I thought it was kind of a cool idea, personally. I mean think about it – political thriller author hosting talk shows. It would probably generate a lot of passionate discourse. Heh. So I went to his website to see what he was up to – in real life not in the dream – and it turns out he’s got a new book out, and is planning on another one later this year and one next year. And now I’m 14th in line to get the latest one at my library.


*****


I felt kind of irritated with Giselle this week. Yeah, that Giselle, Tom Brady’s wife. Being a Patriots fan and trying to follow news of them when I can, sometimes she makes the cut too, for the simple fact of who married her. She blew a great opportunity, I think, in what she could have accomplished. She said that there ought to be a worldwide law forcing women to breastfeed for the first 6 months of their baby’s life. Yep, a law that forces women to do something with their bodies that they may or may not want to do. Worldwide, no less!


Later, after getting a lot of flack about that, she backtracked her comments and said she was just talking.


What’s irritating is that she had such a great chance here and dropped the ball. Honestly, I’m a huge supporter of breastfeeding, and I’ve spent a good portion of my life engaged in that activity, and I would (and do!) encourage any woman considering it to go for it. It’s one of the best things you can do for your baby, and yourself. But not every woman can, and not every woman wants to. What Giselle could have done, and didn’t, was express her own positive feelings about it and encourage other women to consider it. She could have talked about the health benefits to both baby and mother. She could have talked about how it can bond a mother and child and strengthen their relationship. Instead she made it sound like it’s something distasteful that needs to be forced on women. Way to setback, Giselle! :roll:


*****


I learned a lesson this week – the little strainer, the one that’s like 2-cup size, does NOT help boost a wireless signal. Repeat – the small strainer does NOT boost the signal! Mayday! Mayd–


Back to the big strainer.


*****


My son thought that Christine was mislabeled when he saw the “horror” tag on the video case. My son, the one who hates horror movies. Now he searches for THEM! and Let the Right One In every week at the library.


Honestly, Christine was better back in ‘83.


And how has your August been so far?


All rights reserved by DarcsFalcon







Filed under: Family Life, In The News, Rant, Thinking out loud Tagged: Breastfeeding, Family Life, Movies, News, Nursing, Parenting, Son "

No comments:

Post a Comment