Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments: "

You would not believe how clean the kid’s bathroom is! I have been a superwoman lately, what with no nicotine to sustain me, and hardly any Internet access. It’s amazing what one can do when they can’t get online, wow! Who knew?


What’s funny is my kids, who can’t seem to keep it below a dull roar when the TV’s on, don’t seem to want to make a peep when it’s off. It’s like the phone, I guess. Your kids don’t want to talk to you until someone else calls you, then they won’t leave you alone. “I’m on the PHONE!” :roll: Now that I don’t have any TV to watch, they don’t seem to want my attention anymore. Go figure!


I kind of miss the news. It’s hard to know what’s going on in the world, without Internet access. I guess if the end comes, at least I won’t have to watch it coming, right? Silver linings, people, silver linings!


In a weird way, it’s like I’ve been suddenly thrust into this other way of life and it requires a lot of adapting. Believe me, I’d MUCH rather be online than cleaning house – but cleaning house is a good thing. And it uses up some of that frantic “Dang, I want a cigarette!” feeling. And I have my suspicions that the house cleaning I need to do goes far deeper than just the bathrooms.


Have a great weekend and don’t forget to smile! It’s contagious. :D



Posted in Thinking out loud Tagged: Thinking
"

No comments:

Post a Comment