Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Mayhem

Monday Mayhem: "

Welcome to the 1st Monday of 2010. The 1st official workday for many of you. Back to the grind. For me, I have something personal going on, so I beg your indulgence while I struggle with this new aspect of my life. I’ll let you know what it is next Monday if I manage to make it through this 1st week. And no guessing!


~~~~~~~~~~


One of the 1st things my husband said to me on New Year’s Day was, “Good God woman! We haven’t had sex since last year!”


Oh he’s been a laugh riot over the New Year’s weekend. We caught an older episode of Medium and in this one scene, Alison is viewing some slides in a darkened room at the DA’s office. In walked a slimy attorney who said, “Holding a séance?”
”No, just conjuring demons,” replied Alison, to which my husband quipped,
“And look! It worked! You’re here!”
I tell you, I nearly choked on my coffee at that one!


~~~~~~~~~~


Here’s something that caught my eye in the news recently:


Brands We Loved and Lost in 2009


Kind of made me sad a little. Want to know what they were?



  1. Circuit City

  2. Saturn

  3. Pontiac

  4. Kodachrome

  5. Home Depot Expo


You can check out the link for more information.


~~~~~~~~~~


I caught one of the funniest jokes EVER in my Reader recently. Who said conservatives don’t have a sense of humor? Seriously, this made me laugh OUT LOUD, so you would do yourself a favor to check it out. :) Just a note, there is some language, which is why it’s linked and not copied. Don’t worry, I wouldn’t let you go that easily though, it opens in a new tab and won’t take you away from here. :D


How a Marriage Works


~~~~~~~~~~


And speaking of marriage, here’s another article I found. Remember “The Rules”? That book that was supposed to help single girls find a man? Well, here’s one man’s answer to it. I found one of his responses pretty honest, and honesty between the sexes is always refreshing. He said, “#7. If the man isn’t 30 pounds overweight, sex is always a more important priority than food.” Did I mention what my husband said to me on New Year’s Day? It’s just the way men are. :) Go read the whole thing!


Why The Rules don’t work


~~~~~~~~~~


Lastly, I found the picture that speaks a thousand words to my feelings about Winter. A bit risqué for the blog, I suppose, but when something works, it works. :D For the WIN!!


image


It may be Monday, but you still deserve to smile. Do it with style. :D



Posted in Family Life, Laughing Out Loud, Thinking out loud Tagged: Family, Husband, Miscellany
"

No comments:

Post a Comment