Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness

Thursday Thankfulness: "

This one is hard for me this week, as I’m not feeling particularly thankful. Still working on that “new aspect” thing I mentioned a few days ago. Which I’ll tell you about on Monday.


It’s the 1st Thursday of the new year, and I’m sure if I look around hard enough, or look inward long enough, I’ll find something to be grateful for. Not that there’s nothing to be grateful for, it’s just that I’m finding the spirit of gratitude difficult this week.


And perhaps that’s the blessing. In a backhanded sort of way. You know, you don’t realize how special something is until it’s gone – that sort of thing. So I miss the spirit of thanksgiving and that in and of itself is something to be thankful for. If I’d never had it I wouldn’t miss it. You know? [I know what I’m trying to say, but I realize I’m probably not making much sense.] And how sad a life would it be to never know thankfulness? I’ve known people like that. They’re not very nice people, and I’m glad I don’t know them anymore. I’m glad I’m not like those people I don’t like. I’m glad I notice it and feel bad when I can’t find something within me that I know ought to be there. That lets me know when I’ve gotten off the narrow road and need to get back on.


So I need to cowboy up, get back on the path, and find me some gratitude. And the fact that I can do that, and that I know I need to, makes me grateful in and of itself.


Saddle up!




Posted in Thankfulness Tagged: Thankfulness
"

No comments:

Post a Comment