Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Mayhem

Monday Mayhem: "

So I’m surviving without on demand Internet access. And thank goodness for “future posting,” as I like to call it. That awesome feature WordPress has that lets you schedule posts far into the future. A couple of times I’ve even gone so far as a year ahead, for like holidays. :) My weekends are on “auto-pilot” already, so that’s nice. And as I write this, it’s a Saturday afternoon and since the Internet connection we’re piggy-backing on seems to be somewhat available, I figured I’d try and get a post prepared for Monday. We couldn’t get online Friday at all, no matter how many times we tried to refresh the connection list.


The sucky part is not being able to connect with any of you. I miss you guys! Even when we are able to get online, it takes so long to load – it maintains an average speed of about 1 Mbps – that we’re lucky if we can check our email. Reader stuff is pretty much out for the time being, and I have discovered that Gmail (anything Google) is a huge connection drain. No idea why, but it is. Facebook seems to be the same way, but I was noticing that before. I quit playing Farmville because every time I tried to play, it dropped my Internet connection. Darc told me I’m crazy – but he never played Farmville. Neener. It’s evil, EVIL I tells ya! But, I still check on my neighbors farms anyway. :) Well, I mean I was, before we lost our own connection.


Anyway, as I was saying, I miss you! Don’t think for a minute that I’m not thinking of you every day, wondering how you are, what’s going on in your lives. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.


As for us, I still have faith that things are going to be just fine. In ways that I can’t really explain, I just know in my bones. They say the Lord works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform, and this is true. I am watching it happen with my own eyes. And one of these days I may be able to tell you all about it. :)


In the meantime, if you would keep us in your thoughts and prayers, it would mean a great deal to me, to us. Darc is still trying to plug away at his SSRLP and that seems to be progressing well. The kids are managing with keeping themselves occupied, and my little apartment here is cleaner than it’s been in months. :D So, it just goes to show that even when things seem bad, you can almost always find a silver lining. Not always, this I know. I’ve been there too, when there was no lining to be found at all, silver or otherwise. But this time, this time is bearable, so I am grateful. Smile. It may be Monday, but it’s the last one of January, so that means February’s coming!




Posted in Family Life, Thinking out loud Tagged: Family Life, Thinking
"

No comments:

Post a Comment